Submitted by gerdami
This package helps creating a multilingual website based on wikidot categories, i.e. each language is a category, includes and _templates.
The main principle is that all language pages share the same pagename, i.e. fr:pagename, en:pagename, es:pagename, etc. to help switching from a language version to another. "xy" is the generic term for any language iso code. The number of languages is only limited by the number of flags to display on screen.
The attached files come from the backup facility with category separator ":" replaced by "_" and ":_" by a double underscore "__". They also contain comments for implementation.
The whole stuff, just in case it was possible to upload all at once…
Real life example
- gerdami-multilingual.wikidot.com, a demo website
- handbook.wikidot.com, a real life example on which this package was based
How to use
- Install the package page to your site.
- Each language category has its own left sidebar nav:side-xy with a language dependant sitemap, a language dependant tagcloud and a newpage button to create a page in the current language, with parent equal to the language start page.
- Each language category has its own xy:_template and a newpage button to create a page in the current language, with parent equal to the current page. However, it is not ensured that an English page and a French page would share the same parent in the different language versions.
- Each language category has its own tagcloud and its own landing page xy:page-tags while the default system:page-tags has been adapted to the same layout.
- To add a new xy language, there is some housekeeping to do:
- Add a new xy:start page
- Edit include:language-flags and add a new language flag and why not a flag not hosted on the handbook…
- Clone the nav:side-en to the new nav:side-xy and change all en occurences to xy
- Clone the en:page-tags to the new xy:page-tags and change all en occurences to xy
- The search:site page has been modified to use Google Custom Element.