Submitted by Ed Johnson
This package is useful for providing a place for your friends, family, community group, etc. to share photographs.
Real life example
How to use
- Create a page called photo-index and copy the content from the photo-index file linked above. This will be the main index to your set of photo galleries.
- Create a page called photos:_template and copy the content from the file _template linked above.
- Edit your side menu (nav:side) and add the code from the file nav-side-link linked above in an appropriate place to create a link to your photo gallery index page. Note: you may want to include this link in your top navigation instead (in this case you'll want to edit nav:top).
Site Manager Settings
- Go to your Site Manager > Autonumbering of pages. Click + add autonumbering and then in the "create a new one" field, type the category name photos. Then click add autonumbering to save your changes.
Note: for the next steps, you need to create one photo gallery page so the photos category gets created. Visit your photo-index page and submit a new photo gallery. Just add some place-holder text for now and save the page. You can go back and edit it later and upload some photos.
- Go back to your Site Manager and activate your forum if you haven't done so already (under Site Manager > Forum & discussion).
- Next, under Site Manager > Forum & discussion >Per page discussion, enable Per page discussions for category photos. This will allow the comments module to work so others can make comments on individual photo galleries.
- Be sure to check your Site Manager > Permissions settings as well. Make sure your target audience of users has proper permissions to create pages and upload files.
- You will probably want to tweak some of the module settings, font sizes and colors to match the theme of your site.
- The main index page makes use of the New Page module so the proper category is assigned to your photo gallery pages.
- This package makes use of autonumbering and a live template to make it as easy as possible for other users to contribute to your site.